Are you ready to test your English Counties with this quiz today? We have devised 49 quiz questions and answers for you where each answer is one of the counties in England.
This fun quiz is divided into 5 rounds to test your geography knowledge.
The England counties quiz rounds are:
If you’re looking for a fun counties of England quiz, this should challenge with its range of easy and difficult questions and answers.
Quick Links To Information In This Post
1. In which county will you find England’s capital city?
2. England’s second city of Birmingham is located in which county?
3. The city of Liverpool belongs to which county?
4. Chichester is the county town for which county?
5. Chester is the county town of where?
6. Preston is the county town for where?
7. Winchester is the county town for which county?
8. In which county is Aylesbury the county town?
9. Lewes is the county town of which county?
10. Shrewsbury is the county town of which county?
1. Windsor Castle is situated in which county?
2. In which county will you find Stonehenge?
3. In which ceremonial county will you find the Angel of the North?
4. Leeds Castle is found in which county?
5. Name the city-county home to the Clifton Suspension Bridge, Christmas Steps, and the M Shed.
6. In which county would you find Sherwood Forest?
7. Leavesden Studios, home of the Making of Harry Potter studio tour is based in which county?
8. Blenheim Palace is found in which county?
9. In which county would you find the Silverstone motor sport racetrack?
10. Ely Cathedral, Newmarket Racecourse, and the Bridge of Sighs are found in which county?
1. What is the smallest county in the UK?
2. In which county was William Shakespeare born?
3. Which is the largest county in England?
4. Which county uniquely has two separate coastlines?
5. The county of East Yorkshire is usually known as what?
6. Which Midland county is only 18 miles long and 17 miles wide?
7. Lea and Perrin’s famous sauce is named after which county?
8. The highest village in Britain is called Flash, but which county is it found in?
9. Which county borders Scotland and on the coast of the North Sea?
10. Kernow is another name for which county in England?
1. St. Mary’s and Tresco are part of which southern county?
2. Which county is home to the Lake District?
3. Mersea Island is part of which county?
4. The Mendips are found in which county?
5. Which county is home to the majority of the Cotswolds Area of Natural Beauty?
6. Which island-county is separated from the mainland by The Solent?
7. The Port of Felixstowe is situated in which county?
8. The Jurassic Coast is located in which county?
9. Most of the Peak District national park is found in which county?
10. Which county famous for being so flat has its highest elevation at only 105m?
1. Wigan, Bolton, and Stockton are part of which county?
2. In which county would you find the towns of Leighton Buzzard and Luton?
3. Ashby-de-la-Zouch and Melton Mowbray are towns in which county?
4. In which county will you find the cities of Leeds and Bradford?
5. In which county would you find Leominster and Ross-on-Wye?
6. The coastal towns of Mablethorpe and Skegness are in which county?
7. In which county will you find Darlington and Sedgefield?
8. Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield make up which county?
9. Guildford and Working are towns in which county?
— Scroll down for the answers!
Tyne and Wear
City of London
East Riding of Yorkshire
Isles of Scilly
Isle of Wight
We hope you enjoyed the counties in England quiz. How did you do?
And do check back soon for more counties of England quizzes coming up on this website.
You might also like these quizzes: