We had recently purchased a new camera, the Canon 60D with the awesome 50mm lens and were thoroughly enjoying it while at the Photography Show at Birmingham’s National Exhibition Centre (NEC). Whilst checking out the stalls I stumbled upon the EasyCover stand. The guys there were super friendly and didn’t mess about trying to find an EasyCover Camera Case to fit my camera so I could test drive it. One thing I can say quite easily, it was love at first… squeeze…
Snuggly fit around the body of the camera with all of the correct buttons and spaces for flaps and switches it was a clean, unhindering accessory. Naturally they were doing a show special but let me go for a walk and come back. I did go back after deciding it was actually a perfect purchase and they were kind enough to sweeten the deal with a screen protector, lens bag and lens bumper, all of which haven’t come off since that day.
Why do I like it so much?
- It adds a bit of extra mass to the camera making it feel more comfortable in my hands
- They grip is brilliant. Not too sticky, not too soft.
- It prevents scratches and marks (we took the case off to show a friend, the camera body was pristine considering the use)
- The buttons work great – it took some getting used to but it forced me to learn the camera more quickly
- Bump protection – the odd knock has had absolutely no impact on the plastic body camera
My favourite benefit has been the freedom to use it the camera to it’s full potential. I remember with previous cameras that I was always cautious with where I left it, how I held it or what weather I took it into. With this cover I have so much more freedom. Though not much, it feels like a lot more protection and I forget the caution and have less concern.
I’ve lost count of the number of times people have been impressed with the EasyCover camera case and have had to write down the make for them. I thoroughly recommend their products for everyone. You can get them on Amazon here.